Diesel Truck Mechanic
Classic Ice, LLC dba Ice King, is looking for a Diesel Truck Mechanic with 3-5 years’ experience as a Diesel Track Mechanic. Pay scale based on experience…
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must have 3-5 years of extensive knowledge of diesel and gasoline engines, manual and automatic transmission, cooling and air systems and other related components, mechanisms and systems. Preferred knowledge of Caterpillar engine, Cummings Diesel engines, and International engines. Knowledge of Thermo King & Carrier diesel reefers if preferred. You will be responsible for preventive maintenance, all major jobs will be contracted out, transmission, clutches, etc.
Possessing a technical degree, certification, or at least three years of equivalent technical experience is highly preferred.
Must be able to read and write, must have the ability to understand and use the computer for diagnostics (Panasonic Toughbook), and general duties and MS Office knowledge to track and update equipment status and hours and parts usage.
Must have and maintain a current Arizona driver’s license/CDL preferred, if job duties include use of a company vehicle.
Must be able to work safely under OSHA standards.
Must have the dexterity to maneuver in and around vehicles and chassis; able to stand, kneel, squat, and bend repeatedly over an 8-10-hour period of time.
Must be able to push, pull & lift up to 100 pounds. Must be able to work in diversified environments, such as cold, heat, wind or other ambient conditions.
Must be able to communicate well with other departments. Must consistently present a professional, results-driven attitude when dealing with peers, management, customers, and vendor partners. Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing and be able to read technical manuals.
Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment; and adhere to all Company and safety policies.
Must have necessary tools and proficiency to perform the job function.
Must possess and consistently demonstrate the highest level of integrity.
Must be willing and able to work additional hours as required.
- Inspect, diagnose, maintain, and repair company owned and/or operated equipment to insure fleet is within DOT and company operational standards. Identify next level or warranty repairs and escalate to the appropriate support entity.
- Detect excessive wear and defects on parts and components and red tag out of service vehicles to prevent unsafe operations.
- Communicate effectively with drivers and interpret drivers write ups to help resolve equipment and driver issues efficiently.
- Accurately document labor hours and parts used on work orders while making repairs or any other task.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area (free from parts, tools, and debris).
- Perform other mechanical/technical shop duties as or anything deemed necessary by management.